Pages

Friday 6 March 2015

Being a talebearer and flatterer in character will ruin your reputation.



Being A Talebearer And Flatterer Ruins Your Reputation.

19 He that goeth about as a talebearer revealeth secrets: therefore meddle not with him that flattereth with his lips.
Proverbs 20:19King James Version (KJV)

You can’t keep secrets…. the Nigerian way of describing that is, "Amebo"; you always say things you don’t know or you are not meant to say! That's how I was described as a teenager because it reflected my character. Well, I never prayed about it but was dealt with as I got closer to GOD. I became a person who doesn't say much but people keep pouring out their secrets to me and I used to ask myself, why? Well, the answer is simple; CHRIST fixed me!

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2 Corinthians 5:17 King James Version (KJV)

When you tell someone’s secrets, people will call you a talebearer. Sometimes, the person who told you will deny it, and you become a liar, also known as a talebearer.
Well, whether we like it or not, some people are talebearers, always telling others things that are not true or twisting facts. It is so wrong for a Christian to be a talebearer, someone who no one can confine in. Being a Christian, you have the ability to provide an answer that can heal a lot of broken hearts, provide solutions, give advice, but when the opportunity arises, ensure that you are not spilling secrets, for it will tarnish your reputation. Hence, you will be denied the opportunity to use CHRIST as a solution when you provide counsel.

3 The Lord shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things:
Psalm 12:3 King James Version (KJV)


There are critical situations when someone reveals a secret to you, and you can’t provide a solution (may be the person is in danger or suffering silently), make sure you pray about it and tell someone, especially when the situation is beyond you. Don’t keep it to yourself; tell someone who can help, not another friend who won’t have a clue. You can tell the Pastor, Counselor, Doctor or just anyone who knows what to do. Pray about the issue asking GOD for wisdom on how to go about it.

5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
James 1:5 King James Version (KJV)

23 He that rebuketh a man afterwards shall find more favour than he that flattereth with the tongue.
Proverbs 28:23 King James Version (KJV)

GOD hates flattery. Saying things that we don’t see, or making someone feel good when you should say the plain truth. At the end of the day, the truth lasts longer than flattery, which also means when lying, y   ou are saying things that are not true, and on top of it all, GOD hates liars….

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Revelation 21:8 King James Version (KJV)

26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
James 1:26 King James Version (KJV)

You can’t claim to be Christian and not know how to control your words. It’s important you know how to talk.  When preaching, don’t reveal other people’s stories. Sometimes you may not be saying the person’s name but, still, the person may feel bad. You are revealing his/her secrets to the world and are comfortable with it. As a Christian, watch your words carefully for we will account for them.

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
Matthew 12:36 King James Version (KJV)

If you don’t know how to keep secrets, start with praying and telling GOD everything, and HE will heal you…..
19 In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.
Proverbs 10:19 King James Version (KJV)

Well, there has to be some self-discipline. Don’t talk too much. You don’t have to say everything. I have started to discipline myself whereby, “If I can’t connect the situation with JESUS, or if I talk and my words will promote sin, I keep quiet”. That way, I don’t say things I am not meant to say. Yes, you may have few or no friends, but you will end up being responsible with your words.
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
James 4:8 King James Version (KJV)

As we grow as Christians, we find out there are some issues we never really told GOD about, but HE fixed them. Well, it’s because we decided to believe and improved our relationship with HIM so our lives obviously became be better.

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
Matthew 19:26 King James Version (KJV)


#Prayer Points: If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do [it].  John 14:14

1. LORD, help me to stop bearing tales and quit flattery, IN JESUS NAME, AMEN.

2 And he said, The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
2 Samuel 22:2 King James Version (KJV)

2. LORD, help me to be a trustworthy person, IN JESUS NAME, AMEN.

10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Isaiah 41:10 King James Version (KJV)

3. LORD, help me to be prudent in matters, and always reply people with #WISDOM from you, IN JESUS NAME, AMEN

Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring [it] to pass.
Psalms 37:5

4. LORD, help Nigeria throughout the electoral process, and elect the right people peacefully, IN JESUS NAME AMEN.

3 Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.
Proverbs 16:3 King James Version (KJV)

Get the best out of your life with the help of JESUS…
Get closer to HIM today by clicking this link. http://bit.ly/1Ehhg8I

GOD BLESS YOU!



HAVE A NICE DAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment